This is part of the series: an alphabet of help for living well, despite everything.
A knowledge of Kinesiology helps us live healthier lives.
Everything we do–including lounging on the sofa while watching a movie, including sleeping–because we are embodied beings, everything we do is physical. Even a primarily intellectual activity like reading involves our hands, our neck, our eyes.
Everyone who wants to live well can benefit from body-awareness.
You might invest in short-term solutions (drugs/medications/supplements, surgery, or denial/avoidance) to alleviate discomfort. Those don’t require as much time or hard work as body awareness, but too often they don’t address the problem–the source of physical discomfort or pain. Instead, they mask it. They’re expensive, and the side effects of those short-term, quick solutions are often negative; sometimes horrendous. (There are times, of course, when drugs or surgery are necessary–but it’s always good to explore other less drastic options before you turn to them!)
In treating pain, surgery and medications are frequently akin to “get-rich-quick” methods of accumulating wealth. The Kinesiology method of wellness, however, is like building financial security through long-term savings.
The benefits of The Kinesiology of method of wellness include these:
- It address and minimizes pain caused by misuse and misalignment of the body.
- There is minimal risk of harm (compared to drugs, surgery, or denial of the problem).
- The benefits of body awareness increase at a compounded rate; a little at first, and then rapidly doubling and quadrupling.
- Proper body mechanics help us to remain functional and independent well into our senior years.
- The commitment to a lifetime learning and practicing of proper body mechanics teaches patience, and the development of patience is wise.
It doesn’t need to be expensive to learn to use your body properly. Good YouTube videos and library books on all the various subjects comprising the field of kinesiology are available.
The Kinesiology method of wellness can help anyone who wants to live well, for a lifetime, in his or her one-and-only body.
Have you used kinesiology to benefit your long-term health?