When a team comes together like the Boston Red Sox did this year, the players deserve to be honored as champions, not only because of their athletic accomplishments, but also because of the example they’ve set for everyone who endeavors to be a winner.
Here are the lessons they’ve taught us about what makes people into winners:
- Believe you can do it! (Faith)
- Play full steam, giving 100% of your best effort, no matter what the outcome appears to be (Perseverance).
- Don’t be afraid to take chances (Courage).
- Celebrate each others’ victories (Encouragement).
- Don’t condemn each other, criticize, or show jealousy (Forgiveness).
- Set aside your individual ego for the good of the team and don’t ever think you’re the indispensable solo act who made it all happen (Humility).
- Give thanks to everyone who made it possible (Gratitude).
Who exemplifies the best virtues of an honest-to-goodness winner for you?