FIND YOUR VOICE — COHORT AGREEMENTS
for Tracy Rittmueller’s Writer-in-Residency at Great River Regional Library St. Cloud, August, 2023 ©Tracy Rittmueller, 2023. All rights reserved.
We are here to discover, explore, support, and amplify our own and each other’s artistic voices. In service of this, we will honor ourselves, each other, and the creative process.
HONORING THE SELF
1. We agree to become increasingly self-aware, to practice feeling our own emotions in real time, to respect the intelligence of our emotions.
2. We agree to consider, respect, and ask for the support we need in order to feel empowered in this space. This may include reaching out to the Teaching Artist-in-Residence for the help, accommodations, and or/resources we need to participate to the full extent of our ability, in a way that makes us feel safe, connected, and brave.
HONORING EACH OTHER
3. We agree to support one another’s poetic and lyrical expressions with nonjudgemental witness
4. We agree to practice restraint of speech, to speak when it is our turn, and to listen respectfully when it is someone else’s turn.
HONORING THE CREATIVE PROCESS
6. We agree to notice when other cohort members’ words and expressions move us, inspire us, and/or engage us. We will practice being an empowering person in this world by communicating our appreciation and gratitude.
7 We agree to learn and practice the skills of revising and editing our own writing, in order to grace the world with clarity and honesty.